Introduction to Media and Information Literacy (Lecture)

 

Weekly Interaction Log with Media and Information Providers



I spent most of my time in Youtube (25 hours) and VLC Media Player (19 hours). This is where I watch Korean variety shows and dramas.  During the term break, I used most of my time for recreation. I also used this opportunity to cope with the events and videos released related to my interests, which is Korean Music. 

As you can notice, the third media provider that I used most often is Twitter. Twitter is the social media platform that I'm most comfortable with. Tweets, retweets, like, mutuals, interaction. It is a wonderful world with twitter where latest news are talked about. 

I use media to learn while having fun. While using media providers, I get information that is significant in my life. I can effectively absorb things I see and I make sure to enjoy doing it. Personally, media also plays a huge role in my life. 

---
                  Unlocking Definitions
                           -what i know-
      • Technology Literacy is the ability to use and adopt to the progressing technology. It is the conept of being able to use gadgets information well.
      • Media Literacy is the concept of being able to get or learn information from media providers. 
      • Information Literacy is perceiving, understanding and spreading information that is right and just. 
      • Media and Information Literacy is accessing and using information properly. 

---

                     Misconceptions about Media and Information Literacy 

                             Information Literacy is simply understanding the information presented.
                             Literacy is one time learning. 
                             Media use is purely personal.
                             Media is for leisure only.
                             Media and information play little role in our life.
                             Media providers always broadcast facts.                            
                             What's on the internet is open for everyone and can be use carelessly.
                             When you know how to use technology, you are literate.
                             Life is more simple without media.
                             Media and Information literates can be anyone.



---

                       INTRO 1 

                             what makes an individual literate in media and information?
                                          



                               I do practice which illustrate media and information literacy.

                                           
---







Comments

Popular Posts